Thursday, March 22, 2012

Color Throwdown 184

I struggled greatly with this card, trying my best to incorporate all four colors for the color challenge blog. The verse comes from Dee's Bugaboo Boutique and is just perfect for our church card club to send out to our members next month. This card did cause me a bit of distress - I spent all morning fussing over it. I made about 5 different versions of a reverse mask, finally realizing that it looked the best with just one color: blue. After I masked the oval, I spritzed with glimmer mist, which made the black ink bleed.

The card was still too plain, so I added some border embossing. The first one I ran through my cuttlebug the whole way, which resulted in an unfortunate line on the white cardstock. The second border I only ran through partially, stopping before coming off the embossing folder, and it turned out much better. Finally, I added some stickle highlights in yellow, blue, and purple, to get the colors in that I needed for the challenge. The only color missing is green. I hope it qualifies. Either way, this is a keeper for our card club next month. It was also my first time trying the reverse masking technique.


Thanks for looking!
-Brenda


4 comments:

Kim said...

This is so pretty!! I like how you have the little bits of color in your embossing design.

Dee ~ Dee's Bugaboo Boutique said...

The card looks wonderful Brenda!!! I really like the shades of blue in the oval, they all blended so well. I really love seeing cards made with my digi stamps, it brings a big smile to my face that the Lord's word is being sent out to others. Would love to see any others you make!!!!

Broni said...

The blue really shines a spotlight on your sentiment. Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

Joan Ervin said...

What a wonderful verse and I love how you added the blue oval!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!