Monday, June 27, 2011

You're So Square

Mojo Monday is a great blog and I just recently started playing along with their weekly challenges. I used this week's sketch to make a boy themed card for Card Cupids. I'm not entirely thrilled with the way this one turned out - but I am submitting it anyway. I spent a really long time fussing over the coloring of the dog - shading, re-shading, adding colors on top of other colors, even blending with my water brush. Perhaps I fussed too much. Oh, well. I do love this dog stamp. I've used it many times before, but I just had to use it again for this project - it's the perfect image for a boy.Paper is from the Complete Boy stack by My Mind's Eye.


My daughter has been a great design helper. As I was working on the dog and fussing over which colors to use, she said, "You should use green for the collar." And go figure, I had just at that moment decided to use green! Hmmm, is it genetic, or just plain creepy?


Card is entered in:
mojo197
card cupids

Thanks for looking!
-Brenda

4 comments:

Bernadet Rodakowski said...

Very cute, I'm a sucker for all stamps dogs or horses. In fact I have this little bully and the other "dog's life" set! Your card is darling, but maybe some white gel pen in/around the eyes, especially the darker one with the spot, it might make them stand out a little more. Otherwise, and adorable card!
Bernadet
bernadetscraftblog.blogspot.com

kksb said...

Cute card. Paper works really well with your image.

Linda said...

Love the circle theme throughout your card. Perfect card for boys!

VanessaB said...

super cute!!