Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Some Wedding Cards

I recently came back from my brother-in-law's wedding, which was an elegant and heart-warming affair. I still had weddings on my mind a couple of weeks later, and so I made these 2 cards with that theme in mind.

For this one, I used a cuttlebug embossing folder on white cardstock, and stamped the image in black ink. It still looked a bit plain to me, so I experimented a bit, and finally took a gold ink and rubbed the inkpad gently over the embossed areas. Then, I used my sponge dauber and blended it in all over the white space outside the sentiment for a subtle gold effect. Overall I like the way it turned out - I think it makes the embossed areas pop.


The second card was actually from a stationery set I had made, but decided to convert it to a wedding card. It was just a matter of finding a stamp which fit inside the circle, which I did - at the dollar bin at Michaels. This one would be good as an anniversary card, too.

Thanks for looking!
-Brenda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Every weekend i used to go to see this web page, as i want enjoyment, for
the reason that this this web site conations genuinely good funny stuff too.


Feel free to visit my web site ... Minomonsters hack review

There was an error in this gadget