Saturday, November 12, 2011

Snow Fun with JAI 93

My daughter's girl scout troop leader asked me to design a holiday card for the girls to make at their party in December. I was really drawing a blank on this one for quite a while (at least a week), but today, while drinking my morning cup of coffee and looking at this week's color challenge for Just Add Ink, I thought - snowman! This is a fun and festive extra large card that the girls will have a great time assembling - I hope.


The dapper little man was sporting an orange "carrot" nose, but for some reason it just didn't look right, so I left it off and gave him a wry grin instead. The black hat clashed a bit with the color palette, so I added a narrow slice of the base blue to draw the eye up. And, I was so inspired, I made a smaller, simpler version for my card club members to make for our Great Christmas Card Challenge (Read: as many as we can make before Dec. 6th for the nursing home residents).


Thanks for looking!
-Brenda

2 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

What a very cute little guy Brenda!
A great use for circle punches. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Add Ink.

Jodene said...

Totally cute Brenda, the girls will have so much fun making this! Thanks for playing along at JAI :)