Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My Favorite Time of Year

Fall is my favorite time of year. Usually the weather is perfect - right about 75, with a cool breeze and zero humidity. But now, it's nearly October and I am still using my air conditioner, not because of the heat, but because of the humidity! It's been rainy and humid for going on 2 weeks now, and I will be a happy fall lover once again when this weather clears up and my crisp, cool autumn days return.

Until then, I hope you enjoy this card I created for The Paper Players challenge. The paper is Simply Autumn from Recollections. I used my cricut Accent Essentials to cut the scalloped circle. The trick or treat stamp came from the dollar bin at Michaels. The leaf stamp was a donation for my church's card club, and since we need 50 fall-themed cards for our trunk-or-treat event, I thought I would put it to good use. I stamped the image 3 times using 3 different colors of ink. I would have preferred to use a stamp that said "Trunk or Treat" but I couldn't find one. Does anyone know where I could get a stamp like that? If so, please either leave a comment or email me.


Thanks for looking!
-Brenda

6 comments:

Lesley said...

Cute card Brenda, love how you went sideways with the sketch! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players.

Rita W said...

What a fun mix of paper! I really like the sketch flipped that way too; I totally should have done that! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week.

jaydee said...

Brenda, I love fall, too! Love your take on the sketch challenge and that you turned it horizontal. Love the mix of DSP. So glad you shared it with the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Tara Bilbao said...

Brenda, I really like those bright fun colors for halloween. Great job on the sketch challenge. Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

Ann Schach said...

Wonderful paper, Brenda! This is such a cute halloween card! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Julie Marshall said...

Love that you flipped the sketch and paired these papers together. They were a perfect choice. Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Players this week!